Granada's movida

An erasmus year in Granada in the South of Spain. So here is my blog in English, and JUST in English. So my dear French friends...BEWARE and BE AFRAID of the Shakespeare language !!! Pictures available on http://thomineseb1979france.spaces.live.com

October 11, 2006

A month in Granada. Already.
For those I didnt speak too recently, I found a nice little flat in the center of this very crowdy city. Calle san Tomas, 14, 3 piso 10, CP 18004 Granada.

I am living with 3 Spaniards - all of them from outside Granada - and things are going fine. Switching from Englisg to Spanish was a bit tough at first but I swear to god that I am getting better and better. I understand everything but I am still working on my expression..Give a couple of months...

I already have Friends there, all Spanish. I was first accomodated by Lorena, a friend of mine who used to be erasmus in Rouen a few months ago. Thats why I already have friends there.

Going out in Granada is really something, especially for me who is more used to the Nordic countries or the greeness of Normandy. There people down the street 24h / 24h. Amazing.

You can ever decide to spend part of your night in a " botellon" ( a gathering of people drinking spontaneously in a special spot in the city - 10,000 people last week ), a very entertaining thing which generates tonnes of rubish the day after ( no environmental consciousness yet here...) or go in a tapas bar, ome of Granada`s specificity. 1 euro 50 a beer and free tapas along. Then if you want to eat, you have to drink..he he he he

I have much more to say but I need to take some exams in spanish, in order to determinate my level. They will dispach me after in some groups with the same level.

Bye bye

1 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love hearing u r doing great! Keep up the spirit....Y cuidate mucho con esas chicas espaƱolas; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home